You are aware of the importance of protecting the environment!
Here are some ways for you to spread the word:
- Write an article for the school or local newspaper.
- Teach your family, friends and community about the impacts of climate change and how different groups (women and men, rich and poor, young and old) are affected in different ways.
- Produce a poster, leaflet or video highlighting a specific environmental problem you have identified in your community.
- Think about holding a workshop or offering to conduct teaching sessions at existing meetings and events.
- Organize a play for your local community, acting out the devastating effects of climate change and the actions individuals can take to reduce harm to the environment.
- Plan a public event that attracts attention to your actions you have taken to reduce emissions: invite local officials to a tree-planting; build a solar cooker in front of a public place and cook a local specialty.
- In school, work with other students and school leaders to develop and implement an energy- saving plan.
- Give an assembly to your class or school.
- Organize a special event, conference, concert or sports event. It could coincide with worldwide events such as World Environment Day (5 June), Earth Day (22 April), Disaster Reduction Day (second Wednesday of October), World Water Day (22 March) or International Youth Day (12 August).
- Write to your local and national environmental ministries. Use your voice and knowledge to lobby.