Many organizations around the world make small grants available for specific local projects. One thing to consider is that it may be possible to team up with an established local non-governmental organization so that they can apply on your behalf! Most grants will on be given to officially recognized charities, so this is an important tip if your group isn't official registered yet.
You could also consider making proposals to local businesses — for example to donate materials or funds that you need for a specific project.
Specific tips on writing proposals
- Include information about you or your group, including your mission.
- Write a detailed explanation of the project you are planning, including dates for completion.
- Describe exactly what you are applying for.
- Note any recognition the donor will receive for their support.
- Provide details of the full budget for your project and how you will fund anything not covered by the present application.
- Include the name and contact details of a responsible adult to act as an adviser.
If you are awarded any sort of grant or donation, you will have to provide a detailed report of the project and exactly how the money was spent on completion.
Great, right? Now look at the next article to see how it is to prepare a real proposal!