- Save electricity by plugging appliances into a power strip and turning them off completely when not in use, including your mobile or computer.
- Stop paper bank statements and pay your bills online or via mobile. No paper, no need for forest destruction.
- Share, don’t just like. If you see an interesting social media post about women’s rights or climate change, share it so folks in your network see it too.
- Speak up! Ask your local and national authorities to engage in initiatives that don’t harm people or the planet.
- Don’t print. See something online you need to remember? Jot it down in a notebook or, better yet, a digital post-it note, and spare the paper.
- Turn off the lights. Your TV or computer screen provides a cosy glow, so turn off other lights if you don’t need them.
- Do a bit of online research and buy only from companies that you know have sustainable practices and don’t harm the environment.
- Report online bullies. If you notice harassment on a message board or in a chat room, flag that person.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news and stay in touch with the Global Goals online or on social media at @GlobalGoalsUN.
- Tell us about your actions to achieve the Global Goals by using the hashtag #globalgoals on social networks.
- Offset your carbon emissions! You can calculate your carbon footprint and purchase climate credit from Climate Neutral Now.
Things you can do from your couch
You can start now